Wills & Lasting Powers of Attorney
Our costs are set out below.
Our fixed fee charge for a single standard Will is £350.00 plus VAT. Our fixed fee charge for standard Mirror* Wills is £550.00 plus VAT.
Our fixed fee charge for a single standard Codicil is £250.00 plus VAT. Our fixed fee charge for standard Mirror* Codicils is £450 plus VAT.
This would include an initial meeting, drafting document, then organising execution of Will and thereafter storing your Will.
* Mirror Wills/Codicils are usually those done for spouses or partners, when Will instructions are reciprocal and largely identical.
Lasting Powers of Attorney
We offer a fixed fee service for advising and preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney and registering them with the Office of the Public Guardian on your behalf. Our fixed fee charges are set out below and include:
- A meeting with you to ensure you have mental capacity, to take instructions and discuss requirements and any preferences and instructions.
- Preparing forms for your signature.
- Acting as your certificate provider where required (unless we are appointed as attorneys).
- Acting as your witness (unless we are appointed as attorneys).
- Arranging the signature of your attorneys.
- Checking all forms and Registering at the Office of the Public Guardian.
- Storing Registered LPAs for you if so required.
- Certifying 1 copy of the LPAs for you.
For an Individual
Single Lasting Power of Attorney (Financial Decisions or Health and care Decisions) – £550 plus VAT
Two Lasting Powers of Attorney (Financial Decisions and Health and Care Decisions) – £825 plus VAT
For a Couple
Two Lasting Powers of Attorney (Financial Decisions or Health and Care Decisions) – £825 plus VAT
Four Lasting Powers of Attorney (Financial Decisions and Health and Care Decisions) – £1,300 plus VAT
Please note that in addition to our fees above you will also be required to pay a registration fee of £82 per Lasting Power of Attorney to the Office of the Public Guardian. Some clients may be eligible for a fee remission or fee exemption of the Office of the Public Guardian Registration fee. Your lawyer will be able to discuss this with you in further detail to advise whether you are eligible.